REPLY

Monday, January 22, 2018

Our Last Day With Sister Griffin & Elder Berrett!


Once again I'd like to express my gratitude to all the missionaries all over the world who are serving full time missions. I know leaving their comfort zone is not an easy thing to do especially when one is super close to their family, but I know that leaving for 18 months to two years to serve The Lord, and share his true gospel is worth all that time gone from the ones you love. 

Missionaries come and go, and just like the sisters that taught me years ago eventually ended up going home or being transferred to a different area. It's hard when one of your favorite missionaries time is up, but at the same time joy is permeating the room, and I am so happy for them. 

Sister Griffin was such a joy to have in our church, and the spirit she brought was extra special. She was always pleasant, and easy to talk to. Never seemed stressed, and if she did she kept it within herself. She always had a smile on her face, and always seemed happy. Her personality totally reminded me of the sister missionary that taught me 25 years ago.  Till this day we still keep in touch, and are dear friend. Maybe that is is why I was so drawn to her, and really appreciated her presence as a missionary serving in our ward. Time spent with her will always be remembered, and we are so grateful for her service as a missionary. My family and I loved having her in our home, and the way she expressed her testimony and love for The Lord was real and true. 
Elder Berrett also left us yesterday too! He's still serving his mission, but in a different area. He was the first elder missionary who had soooooo much in common with our boy. He even said, and I quote, "Noah reminds me of me when I was his age." They both are into transformers, and superheroes, and every time he would come over he'd always have like five minutes of playtime with him before dinner was served. It twas great, and like all the other elder missionaries we've had in our ward he was super cool! 
I am so happy to have had the missionaries in my home for the past few months! Missionaries are awesome and if you ever have the opportunity to meet with them please invite them over so that they can share a special message of Christ, and if you have small children I promise you they will not be bored! They truly changed my life, and I see how they influence my kids for good! They love, and appreciate them so much. My girls will miss Sister Griffin, and we look forward to seeing her again sometime in the future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment