REPLY

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Cannon Beach, Oregon-Circa, 2003


Going to the beach in the late winter and early spring were my favorite when we lived out west, and because of the 12 hour drive from Utah to Oregon we only went twice a year. Sometimes I can't believe we survived all those years of living in Utah with only going to the beach a couple of times a year! The fact that I had these two sweet girls made that chapter in my life super fun!! It's no wonder I survived! These two sweethearts kept mothering more lively than exhausting. Then again I was in my 20's when I had them so my energy was sky rocketing! 

As much as I love the mountains, I'm a beach girl at heart, and when it was time to go on our trips to Oregon I would jump up and down, and squeal like my little girls. 
Cannon Beach is one of our favorite beaches in Oregon. I love quaint beach towns that have adorable shops, and on this day we had the whole beach to ourselves! It was probably because temps were in the 50's at the time. The water was still cold but as you see in the pictures the cold didn't seem to bother us. Especially Lexie. With Jon in shorts, and a short sleeve golf shirt, running around barefoot there was nothing stopping them from having fun in the sun! 

Now that we live closer to the beach we go more than twice a year. Even in the winter time! These memories in Oregon are some of my most cherished particularly because of Jon's grandpa. Every time we visited him we always went to the beach. 
Going through these photos of my girls is always bittersweet. I can't believe theses two are 22 and 18! Time flies when you're having fun, and on this day back in 2003 in one of my favorite beaches on this coast was one of the funnest days ever! Hoping to revisit Cannon beach again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment