REPLY

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Temple Day With Noheli!

Going to the temple by yourself can sometimes be needed especially when you need that time to yourself to seriously pray and think about the things that currently need nurturing in your life. Going with your spouse is a plus, and about the closest thing you'll get to feel what heaven would be like...especially when you go with your kids! Attending with members of our congregation is definitely one way to become unified as a "church family" and one of the things I miss the most when it comes to my past wards. It's so important to set aside time to go as a congregation.

Going with just a few sisters in the church can be humbling especially if you don't know them very well, and to see them making time for the temple brings such joy to my eyes. Going with a dear friend especially when it's one on one can be extremely special, and because it's just the two of you can talk about everything, and anything! Attending with sister missionaries is the icing on the cake, and I love that I have friends in my area that I can get together with, and come to the House of The Lord to feel His love, and comforting spirit. Whether we come to seek answers to prayers, or because we just LOVE the city, and the peace and comfort the temple brings the feeling we have when I leave is always the same. 

Joyful, and hopeful. 
Going to the temple with Noheli for the first time last Saturday was extra special. She is one of Sierra's dearest friends, and even though I just met her I feel as if I've known her forever! She calls me mom, and I love that! She's a returned missionary, a student, and a nanny. She's smart, and funny, and I can see why her and Sierra hit it off so well when they first met at SOAR. 

This day was perfect because of the temple! I believe we can have those days that are close to perfection, and on the days I go to the temple that specific day is pretty close to perfection. I'm so happy that Noheli is in Jersey, and that we made the time to come to the temple, and as long as she is in our neck of the woods there will be more days spent with her. 
It's nice to have another "daughter" close to me that reminds me of Sierra because we all miss our girl!  



No comments:

Post a Comment