REPLY

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Attending The Temple Helps Us To Be Better.

With a new year starting attending the temple is always a priority in our life. I don't ever want to say "it's at the top of our list" because it isn't something that we just check off on a handwritten note pad. Attending the temple last weekend was a great beginning to both our daughters birthdays. It is a tradition that we have started since our oldest daughter turned 12 and one that I hope will keep going even when they're on their own.

Chelsea and Lexie love the temple, and every time I hear them say, "I'm going through withdrawal with the temple" truly makes me want to jump up and down, but I dare not because I don't want them to think I'm nuts! Oh wait, they already know that I am! Crazy momma!

They know how much I love going to the temple, and know the strength that comes from it when we all go. Especially me and their dad. They see how much happier and alive we are when we leave, and even though we are not perfect, and they see that every day with all the yelling that I do, they know that the temple is what keeps our marriage, and relationship strong and active! 
We braved the freezing temps on the balcony while preparing for pictures without our coats on! Noah was our photographer for the day, and I think he did a pretty good job in capturing the right shot. It took him a few takes, but he finally captured a good one.Oh the things we do for our posterity to remember! 
He even took a selfie on the balcony of the temple. 
I managed to take this photo of the temple so Spence Lloyd if you're reading this post feel free to screenshot it!
The temple is literally a place that really helps us stay on the covenant path, and when you go, and I mean really "go" it helps you to be better at living. Better at surviving. Better at mothering. Better at companionship. Better at parenting. Better at fellowshipping. Better at serving. Better at tolerating. Better at making good choices. Better at forgiving. Better at loving, and eventually....although far from perfect-someday, we can truly be the best in doing all those things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment