REPLY

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Downton Abbey Exhibition in NYC!

This photo is obviously photoshopped, but oh how we wish it was the real thing! Experiencing "Downton Abbey" this past weekend in New York was the closest thing to experiencing the fashion, the history and the house! I have been a fan of Downton since the show aired on my birthday in 2010! My daughters have been re-watching the show when they have downtime from school, and they love it! We have laughed, cried, squirmed and winced while watching certain episodes. They are huge anglophiles, and love everything British! 

We spent the morning exploring post-Edwardian England where the characters and iconic house come to life! It was pretty cool walking through the replica of the Crawleys home. I managed to take a couple of photos of some of the clothing, and my oh my have times changed! 
How nice it would be to have servants cook, clean, and bring you breakfast in bed! If only I had a bell of my own to ring! 
It was such a joy to have taken them here for their birthday, and hope to travel to England someday to experience the real thing! 
Downton Abbey will always have our heart! 



No comments:

Post a Comment