REPLY

Friday, November 16, 2012

a thankful week with a video

Here are some of my favorite moments that happened this past week in which I'm extremely grateful for that happened throughout the week...

Family Home Evening...
I love it when it's Chelsea's turn to teach the family home evening lesson. She is becoming more bold, and outgoing when it comes to teaching. She really makes it interesting, and I just love her enthusiasm as she teaches us! Her lesson was on Kindness, and to do an act of kindness for a family member, friend, neighbor, or anyone!

Letters...
I love sending them as well as receiving them, and I had a lot of catching up to do this week. Writing is always at the top of my "to do" list. That time has come for me to mail out our Thanksgiving cards, and before we know it it'll be time to mail out our yearly holiday cards, as well as care packages. 

Simple little things...
Such as press on nails. Can you guess who's nails these are? I'll give you a hint. She's our sassy girl. Yep...you guessed right. They are Chelsea's. I personally would never buy these for her, but my dear friend got them for her, and Chelsea just couldn't wait to put them on. She loved them, and seeing the smile on her face after putting them on was priceless.

Learning...
Here's Noah kicking it old school with a leap pad from 1999. He plays it almost every day. Hey...it still works, and he loves it!

Technology (sometimes!)...
Here is Noah ditching the leap pad for today's technology...sneakingly playing games on one of dad's phones.

Time...
I love finding time to spend with the girls. I have three, and sometimes it's hard to have a one on one with just ONE! Chelsea wanted to help make a batch of popcorn balls. We originally only made a batch for our trick or treaters, and didn't think to save us any. We've been making these every year since we moved to the east, and all the kids at the trunk or treat just love them. It is a great recipe from my mother in law. You can have them sitting in a bowl a week after Halloween, and they never get hard! We will always keep this tradition in the family.

Education...
This past Wednesday Sierra, along with the NHS veteran class of 2013 had the privilege of introducing the new National Honor Society Inductees of 2014. She was inducted last year, and had a little bit of deja vu on this night. It was so nice to have seen these three girls hugging, and smiling, and expressing love towards one another. This is such a great accomplishment for all of them, and it truly is a huge step forward to their successes in the future!

Service...
This video brought tears of joy to my eyes. Tears of joy because of how compassionate all the members  of the LDS Church in New York have been in giving of their time, and efforts to help serve, and clean up all the debris from the storm. Truly the work of the Lord, and it's so beautiful that we can make a world a better place no matter how hard the trial.

And their trial was enormous.

God continue to bless the hands that help our fellow man.

After watching this video I can't complain. It's been a good week, and I have a lot to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment