REPLY

Monday, November 5, 2012

ready to vote.

image via
Election Day 
New Jersey-November 6th, 2012

Tomorrow is another chance I get to vote, and I have to admit I am excited about this year's election. 

Four years ago we were in the middle of moving from North Carolina to New Jersey so unfortunately when we moved here I didn't get the chance to change my driver's license right away. My husband did for business purposes, but I lollygagged, and didn't change it right away. I thought it wouldn't matter as long as I had a form of I.D. 

Well it did matter at least in the state of New Jersey. Since I had a Jersey address, I needed proof of that on my I.D. and couldn't vote. I was pretty bummed, but then again everything happens for a reason, and after seeing how the economy engulfed since I moved here four years ago I wonder if my vote would have made a difference. 

This year I am a Jersey resident with a Jersey license, and I am prepared to cast my vote. I know there are so many of us who are undecided about who to vote for, or who are not impressed with any of the candidates, and may not have the desire to vote. We all have different views on how we would like to see things run, and what things we would like to happen, but whether we like it or not the only two people who are running are Barack Obama & Mitt Romney...sorry!

We all have the freedom to choose, and all have different opinions as to why we will vote for this person. I am grateful for the opportunity to be able to vote in a country where my vote will count. Whether we vote for Barack Obama or Mitt Romney I pray that the outcome will be civil, and that we will all respect each others decision, views, and the office no matter what. 

We all want to survive in a world where the economy has gone downhill, we all want better for our children, and their posterity, we all want to stop struggling, and living paycheck to paycheck. We all want to have secured jobs with reasonable pay, and not having to worry if you can pay the rent next month. Everything in this world runs like clockwork, and hope that whoever gets elected that they will do everything in their power as to what they voiced, and hope that they will accomplish their goals in order to mend this country. 

I prayed about my decision, and whatever the outcome of the presidency will be I will respect it, but at the end of election day it is up to us as a people as to who will become the next President of the United States. 

So whether you like the candidates or not...please cast your vote. Without your vote...you'll never know who could have won.

Every vote counts, and another thing...make sure you change your driver license in case of moving during an election year! I certainly learned that lesson! 

May we all be blessed in the next four years with improvement like we've never seen before, and hope that our country will slowly, but surely be reconditioned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment