REPLY

Thursday, December 8, 2016

It's Never Too Late To Light The World.

So we finally printed this baby out and taped it up! The day this campaign started was the day my husband had minor surgery, and all that mattered to me at that moment was making sure he was being taken care of. Luckily he's a good sport, and presses forward through difficult times. The "Light The World" campaign couldn't have come at a better time because it has really helped me to focus on the things that are important.

Although we haven't been doing our service in order as shown here, we are still doing them. And it doesn't matter how you light the world as long as your heart is in the right place. With a schedule like ours, and the way our days have been with the Christmas season (or our life in general) we can't have a "schedule" on how to serve. In my eyes you just do it. Find ways to serve whether it's in the family, or in the outside world. I am just grateful that we can serve in a capacity that I know will be pleasing not only to the recipient, but to The Lord as well. And how wonderful it is that this initiative came out throughout the Christmas season in hopes that we can live it all month long, and always remember to do this not only at Christmas time, but all year long. 

So glad we are doing this together as a family. We have found so many way to serve our fellow man, and I'll just give one example in who I've served. On the second day of this campaign I called my mom, and served her by letting her know how much I love her. She lives in Texas, and it's been a bit hard on her being away from us, and so when she not only got our call, she also got a lovely surprise of receiving an edible arrangement! She's never had one delivered to her before so it was fun hearing the excitement in her voice when she told us it arrived. I only have my mother to honor, and doing that simple act of service in love by reaching out to her made me appreciate her so much. Love you mom! 

I was so excited when I was putting up the tree on our wall, and couldn't wait till the kids got home. They all thought it was so cool! They wondered how I printed out such a big tree! I shouted, "staples to the rescue!" I printed the tree, and the ornaments from this website. The simple seed has so many cool ideas, and after seeing so many posts about the tree on Instagram I knew I had to get on the ball, and just print it out. 
Sometimes a huge printable can really get you motivated. Not that we need it, but it was fun for the kids to cut, color, and tape the ornaments to the tree. I captured a few moments of these great kids coloring, and having fun doing it! There was no whining at all! They absolutely loved it, and to prove it you can check them out on my insta stories, and snapchat (r_jorgensen is my username on both if you'd like to see!)
The first of many paper colored ornaments. We still have more to put on the tree, but for every act of service they do a new star will go up. 
 Noah was so excited to be the first one to put a paper ornament on the tree!
This whole post just made me so happy to write, and I'm so happy to share the love I have for the Lord with y'all. I know how important it is to follow His example through service, and in ways to do the things that He did. I love the Savior, and although I know I'll never reach perfection, I hope that I can always live up to His example. 

And if you want to get started on this campaign it's never too late! Start now, and look on lds.org for more information! 







No comments:

Post a Comment