REPLY

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Tree-Cutting...One Of Our Christmas Faves!

I promised myself that this year's holidays were not going to be hustle and bustle and rush, rush, rush, but the fact that my husband had a bit of an emergency last weekend which resulted in minor surgery caused a delay in getting our Christmas tree. Not to worry it wasn't anything major, but luckily he's recovering like a trooper, and that he had enough stamina to come with us to go tree-cutting. 

We went to a local tree farm, picked out the tree we wanted and cut it! This year i wanted to keep it simple by not buying a huge tree so we picked a smaller one, and we absolutely love it! I was even thinking of keeping it even more simple by just sticking with the little tree that the kids put up, but then I was like...I want a real tree. Jon even felt bad that because of his surgery that he wasn't able to go with us to the city last weekend too. I told him the important thing is that he heals, and that it's okay to not do every single outing we usually do during the holidays. What's important is for him to be on the mend so that he's strong again so that we can be able to go on more adventures in the future. He's too wonderful for his own good, and I'm so grateful that he's quickly recovering. He's the type of person that presses forward without any complaining, and I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am for having such a patient, and jovial personality! 
Noah was so excited when we picked the tree. He wanted to cut it himself, but I don't think a saw is safe in the hands of a seven year old. At least not yet! Jon tied it to the top of the car, and we were on our way home! 
The kids had too much fun decorating it. If you keep up with me on Instagram I had some video of them on my insta stories decorating it while listening to  Pentatonix new Christmas album.  
What a wonderful evening it was to have gone as a family to go tree-cutting. Even though it may have been rushed we still had fun, and made the best of that evening. The kids had so much fun, and at the end of the day that's all that matters! 


No comments:

Post a Comment