REPLY

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Seated Ballerina At Rockefeller Center.

When I heard about Jeff Koons 45 ft.public art display at the Rockefeller Center I knew I had to go and check it out before they took her down. I first heard about the artist Jeff Koons on one of my favorite series of all time Felicty. There was an espisode that guest starred Tyra Banks, and she played this huge art freak, and when she mentioned Jeff Koons I had to look him up to make sure he was a real artist, and not just a name they made up for the show.
That was ages ago, and when I heard that this beautiful insulated ballerina was done by Jeff Koons I was super excited. This is one of the main reasons why I love New York city so much. The art, and all the museums one can venture to see, study, and learn all about the different types of artists out there whether they are living or deceased. Jeff Koons is at the top of my list of favorites, and this is his greatest work yet! 

If you look on my Instagram on my Insta stories you can see that the kids and I had a great time walking all throughout the city, and when we turned the corner towards the Rockefeller center there she was, the seated ballerina, and I went to town taking too many photos with her in different angles, and we never got bored! Looking at this ballerina reminded me of Sierra when she used to dance, and it made me miss her even more wishing that she was in the city with us! 


Such a beauty she is! I'm glad we were able to see this display in person because from what I heard they are taking her down this morning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment