REPLY

Sunday, September 2, 2012

The House of the Lord is a great blessing.


Today is Sunday, and this morning I literally woke up, clapped my hands and said to myself "today is going to be a great day!" I love my family, I love my life, I love the Savior Jesus Christ, I love testifying of Christ, and I love the church I attend. I love the fact that after all these years of being someone that has endured sorrow, trials, challenges, imperfections, & heartaches that my faith in the Lord is strong, and that I am still a member of this church that continues to attend. That has to attest for something don't you think?

The older I get, (okay...I'm not that old, I'll be 41 in 22 days), and the older my kids get I feel as if I am more in tune with the spirit, our needs, and the decisions we make in this life that makes us who we are as individuals, and as a family in striving to live a happy and normal life.

And I am striving to choose happiness everyday I wake up.

For five months it has been difficult to get to the temple as a family. I did go with the sisters from my ward back in June, but my husband hadn't been since our car broke down in March. I can't even begin to explain to you the joy, and overwhelming feeling that came over all of us as we were on the freeway, and the ear to ear smiles that were exchanged as we were drawing near.

Seeing the spires with the angel Moroni on the temple from a distance is always a sight for sore eyes. It's beauty on a hot, humid day still gleamed from within. The sky although a little gray still had a few white puffy clouds peeking out. It was as if Heavenly Father was saying to us "welcome back".

I didn't mind the heat, the drive, the traffic, and I didn't mind that my youngest daughter kept saying "are we there yet?". I also didn't mind that our kids wanted to eat first, and hit the book store before entering inside its holy doors.

Luckily we went to those places first because if we hadn't we wouldn't have been called as... a "witness couple". In the 20 years of being a member we've been a "witness couple" at least 15 times in about eight different temples. Our first time was two weeks after I was endowed, and that was in the Salt Lake Temple back in August of 2003.

When we attend the temple with a right frame of mind we are filled with so much love, and compassion. Those sorrows, heartaches, challenges, imperfections, and trials all go away for a couple of hours, and the decision I make each time I leave the temple is to be better.

It was a blessing that was needed, and a reminder to let me know that no matter what challenges come our way, I can be in tune with that still small voice that tells me, "all is well...all will be well."


No comments:

Post a Comment