REPLY

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Never forget.

It's hard to believe that yesterday marked the first anniversary of the death of my mom's best friend, and true love. Although he didn't get the chance to meet Noah I know that he is watching over all of our children from heaven, and guiding us with his love. 
And the same goes with all of those who lost their lives on this day...9/11

September will always remind me of all those loved ones who passed away beyond their years. Some just a tiny little baby. I'm grateful for the plan of salvation, and for the opportunity that we all have to be able to live with our families forever. 

As I was reading a nostalgic People magazine (that I saved for the past 11 years which was published on my birthday) it literally gave me goosebumps. Knowing that I had just visited New York City for the first time with my family a year before was shocking, and I didn't want to believe that the city I fell in love with for the first time was attacked by terrorists. 


Reading all the devastating details of that day of infamy, and how it shook the entire state of New York as well as America was surreal. It opened my eyes even more knowing that we never know what our day will be like, and why I never want to take any of my friends or family members for granted. 

I never want to think the unthinkable, but you never know. I still give those hugs and kisses to all our children, and to my better half before they leave. I still attempt to make those phone calls to family. I still mail letters every now and then, and think of those who may feel that they are alone. I still try to do those small and simple things that may put a smile on a face that I care for.

I continue to pray to my Heavenly father each day, and thank him for waking up to another day of life, and for all the blessings that he has bestowed upon me and my family. 


I continue to pray for all those who lost a loved one on that day and hope that they will have the faith to continue to carry on their legacy of bravery, and courage with strength. 



Each year we will always remember this day, and we will never forget those who have passed on.
God bless everyone, and God continue to bless America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment