REPLY

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hello December...Meet Bruce!

As the kids were decorating the tree this past weekend we finally decided on a name for our tree. Last year we named our tree Lolly. Don't ask me why. Chelsea came up with it, but because this tree seems so masculine, and sturdy with stiff branches standing in perfect form, and since it's a blue spruce we decided to name him Bruce! I know...the names we come up with right??

This past Sunday the kids had a blast decorating him to the songs of Here comes Santa Claus, and Let it Snow all while Jon was preparing Sunday dinner. Listening to Christmas music puts a smile on my face, and seeing the kids dancing as they're decorating made it for a super fun evening. No ornaments were broken, and Noah is at an age where he is getting the whole concept of Christmas, but like I wrote on this post I want him to focus on the baby Jesus before presents. I feel that if I explain to him all about the Savior by saying "baby Jesus" he'll have more compassion because he thinks little babies are cute. 

We are so ready for Sierra to come, and in all honesty I'm trying not to stress over the holidays especially when it comes to gift giving. It's the simple things that count. I may not give extravagant gifts, but I do have my heart, time, and love to give to those who want it. 

Reading this poem gives the true meaning of Christmas, and as a parent who grew up with very little makes so much sense to me, and as each year that passes by all I want to do is keep the focus all year round as to living a simple life, filling my home with nothing but joy and love. 


And lots of dancing. 


Let me not wrap, stack, box, baby, tie, tag, bundle, seal, keep Christmas. 

Christmas kept is liable to mold. 

Let me give Christmas away, unwrapped, by exuberant armfuls. 

Let me share, dance, live Christmas unpretentiously, merrily, responsible iwht overflowing hands, tireless steps, and sparkling eyes. 

Christmas given away wills tay fresh...even until comes again.

 Let me not keep Christmas. 

~Linda Felver


**And for some Christmas spiritual enlightenment watch this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment