REPLY

Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Love with Santa Claus!



This past weekend we all ventured out to New York to see Santa at the Plaza, and take in this magical time of Christmas in the city. The kids sure do love Santa, and it's so cute to see Noah's reaction every time we see him. He's still a little bit shy, and too humble to tell him of the things he'd like to receive. In all honesty I think Noah would like to know him. I mean really get to know him. Like what he does all day, his likes, and dislikes. After a few minutes of sitting on his lap, he slowly eased into a small conversation with him, and then began rambling on about about how he loves dogs, and animals, space, and transformers, trains, and superheroes. He didn't really ask for anything specific except that he really, really loves stars wars, and transformers.

Chelsea is a different story because even though she says all Santa's look alike, she truly believes this one is the real thing. The first time we came here, is when she noticed how real he looked. The fact that his beard, and hair are attached to his skin, and head and that it's white as snow tells her that he truly is Santa Claus. And that he hasn't changed. And another thing...this Santa winks way too much! He truly is the friendliest Santa! 

There were only two things she asked for...a cello, and a really, really large pig stuffed animal. I think sometimes she feels a little too embarrassed to tell him about her likes because of the way we, as parents teach her. As I've mentioned before in this post, I have taught all my children that it's better to give than receive, and that Christmas is not about toys, all the "I want's". It's about love, and compassion, but most importantly it's all about focusing on the Savior, (or as Noah says, the baby Jesus.)

It pleases me knowing that they understand that, and that it's okay to dream, and wish for the things that are nice in the world, but that it's not the end of the world if they don't ever receive them. And to know that there are other families in the world who are way worse off than us that require love, and attention. To always be grateful for the things we have such as a warm house, food, good health, and each other. 

This song by Sara Bareilles reminds me of what is true, especially around the holidays. Read the lyrics, and you'll see what I mean! 

I don't care if the house is packed 
or the strings of light are broken.
I dont' care if the gifts are wrapped, 
Or there's nothing here to open. 

Love is not a toy, and no paper will conceal it. 
Love is simply joy that I'm home. 

I don't care if the carpet's stained; we've got food upon our table. 
I dont' care if it's gonna rain, our little room is warm, and stable. 

Love is who we are, and no season can contain it. 
Love would never fall for that. 

Let love lead us, love is Christmas. 

Why so scared that you'll mess it up? When perfection keeps you haunted. 
All we need is your best my love, that's all anyone ever wanted. 

Love is how we do, let no judgement overrule it. 
Love I took to you, and I sing. 

Let love lead us, love is Christmas. 

Happy Monday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment