REPLY

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A very memorable saturday.

Sandra Turley, me and my daughter Sierra
I had the most amazing weekend ever with a triple dose of spiritual feed. I think I'm going to get some much needed shut eye for the rest of the week! I can't believe I have the energy to even blog at this hour (it's after midnight!) You'd think that with the time change, and losing one hour's sleep one wouldn't have driven to D.C. after waking up at 8am on a Saturday morning to attend a conference at church in which we received some spiritual enlightenment.

Well...my daughter and I did, and it was the best weekend ever.

After listening to some edifying classes taught by some wonderful sisters, the morning ended perfectly with songs sung by our special guest Sandra Turley. She is the most amazing person you'll ever meet. She is sweet, funny, cute, and has a fabulous Broadway voice. She played Cosette for Les Miserables in NYC for three years.

Besides her talent she brought with her the spirit of Christ, her love & her testimony of the Savior. Before she sang a song she would describe her feeling that came with it, and by singing and listening to the words behind each song she sang taught her something in which has benefited her life today. Sierra and I loved every minute of that morning, and our spirits were once again rejuvenated.

Leaving the church building gave me a spiritual boost and the energy to continue on with our day in driving to Washington D.C. to see award winning pianist Paul Cardall in concert.

Having three daughters play the piano was all the motivation I needed for the drive. Then again.. I really didn't have a choice when all my girls are constantly playing the piano. They were so excited to see, and hear him play.
I have to say that this was the most uplifting, and inspirational concert that I have ever experienced inside the visitors center. He was born with congenital heart failure, and lived long enough to find a donor. He plays the way he feels, and all of his songs have a meaning behind it. For those of you who don't know his story you can read a little bit about it here.

He is so down to earth, and we really enjoyed visiting with him and his wife, among some mutual friends who drove up from North Carolina to see him as well. We were the last ones to leave the visitor's center at 9:30. It was so nice to have seen him, and his lovely wife. His parents are serving a church mission at the visitors center as well, and it was very nice to have met them!
Our Saturday ended with a late dinner at Subway. Although the drive back home seemed longer... losing that extra hour of sleep, spending the morning with my eldest daughter, and spending the rest of the day with my girls to see Paul Cardall was all worth it. Especially when you see this beautiful building.

It is a reminder to me of how much my family means to me, and every time I come...I love my family even more. 
It'll be a girl's night out we'll always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment