REPLY

Friday, March 9, 2012

Enough teething already!

For the past two weeks I've noticed Noah sucking onto his shirts until they are literally wet. Sometimes I think he's been spilling his cup of water onto the hardwood floor, but then I notice him pulling his shirt up to his mouth and constantly sucking on it.

Poor Noah has been sucking on his wooby for days now. I am positive that his two year molars are coming in, and when they begin to cut...it's brutal. I can tell his comfort level is at a 1. There is nothing for me to do except to hold him in hopes that his comfort level will climb back to at least an 8, and it usually does.

Nursing him also helps his teething throughout the night. He will wake up and start crying. I do get up and get him because I know it is teeth. I'm slowly weaning him, but have begun nursing him even more. He turned two last November, and since I nursed all of my girls until they were two and a half...I think it'll be okay to continue to nurse him until he no longer is no longer interested. So right now I am grateful that my body is still able to nurse him!

Last Sunday after church it was really bad. He cried all the way home, and as soon as I took him out of the car seat he was better. On Monday he began to cry, but luckily he had his wooby to comfort him, and he eventually conked out in his carseat.

There are days where he will suck on his shirt, cry for 15 minutes straight, stop, play, and be happy. I also believe that if he's distracted he doesn't think of the pain. His wooby is a lifesaver though, and I hope that those molars will hurry up, and do their job so that he can stop having different personalities.

Tomorrow will be his first time being watched over by a dear friend of mine's son for a few hours during the day. I know that he will be safe, and enjoy his first 'official' babysitter. I think Noah will be having too much fun with his sitter that he won't be thinking of his teeth. All he'll want to do his snack, play, watch Chicken Run, and maybe go for a stroll to the nearby park.
I'll tell you one thing though...he's one little boy who has a strong pain threshold, and I am sure he will be fine tomorrow for four to five hours without his sisters, me and daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment