REPLY

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcoming Spring

"Springtime is the land of awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn."
~quoted by Lewis Grizzard in Kathy Sue Loudermilk, I Love You.
This picture was taken last Spring and didn't make it into the blog last year. I found this picture as I was going through my iPhoto. So in honor of the first day of spring I couldn't help posting it.

The fog outside was pretty thick at 7a.m. and even though the weather seems so perfect, I still wake up to a cold house. I turned the heat off a few weeks ago, and don't feel the need to turn it back on. That's how much I was longing for Spring, and it definitely arrived early in Jersey.

Spring definitely rejuvenates my soul, and renews my spirit. I haven't been doing my yoga for a little over a week now! It's so hard to find balance in the things you want to do during the day while tending to a two year old. I want to make myself a good breakfast, do some serious yoga, study the scriptures, because when I do those things my day seems to run a lot smoother. I don't yell at my kids, I'm more patient on the road with others, and I feel more better about myself. It's like a drug. I either need to attend the temple every month, and study my scriptures on a daily basis in order to feel rejuvenated, and to feel more at peace with myself. I've learned that when I don't do those things my days seem rough, and out of sorts....especially when it's that time of the month. I know I keep mentioning my age, but I'm 40 years young, and wish that I could grow out of this PMS. It seriously takes a toll on my hormones, and then I take it out on the kiddos, and my better half. They don't deserve it.

Spring is a reminder to me of good things to come. Especially now! It's telling me that vacation time is just around the corner, and it's giving me hope that we will have our car fixed by mid-April. (It can get old always having to rent a car, especially when you are a family of six fitting into a midsize car!)

Spring is the time where it tells me that now is the time to drown yourself into all those books you've listed on good reads and finish them! The weather has been absolutely beautiful outside that I try not to find reasons to keep myself cooped up in this house, and find more reasons to venture outdoors.

Noah is one reason. He is my daily companion who motivates me into activity that I have never done before with the girls. I feel that some of my weight loss is due to the fact that I have Noah to run after, and chase weird bugs with him. I still should do my yoga to help me relax so that I won't stress as much.

I thank the Almighty for sending me down this precious boy who seems to know what mommy needs. Sunshine, the sound of bird's chirping, and the smell of fresh flowers. Now if only I can get to the ocean I can hear the sound of the waves crashing.

That'll come soon...real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment