REPLY

Monday, March 12, 2012

A baptism so joyous & lovely.

Yesterday was one of the happiest Sundays of my life, and I have to say that I am proud to be a part of the Cherry Hill 2nd ward. It was one of the most beautiful Sundays I have ever experienced.  Don't get me wrong, I love all my Sundays, but this day was extra special because I attended a very special friend's baptism.

She is someone who waited almost four years to be baptized, and made her decision solely on her own. After being taught and visited by numerous sets of missionaries my dear friend whom I met almost four years ago became a member of the church, and her light has been shining ever since she made her decision.

My loving husband had the honor in baptizing both her and her sweet daughter. He's been home from his mission for 20 years, and besides baptizing our daughters this was his first time baptizing someone in the church, and he was so humbled by her request in performing the baptisms.
This day reminded me of my own baptism.

My better half also gave a talk on the 'holy ghost', and listening to his talk brought back more memories of when he spoke at my baptism. Yes...I met my husband while serving his mission, and he spoke on the holy ghost at my baptism as well! That's another story, and I'll have to write more about that on another day.

Listening to his talk was so inspiring that it made those hairs on my arms stand up again except this time my heart was beating a million miles a minute. I can't believe I still get that feeling after 19 years. Everything he talked about on the holy ghost is true, and listening to his talk reminded me that I am never alone in having that spiritual companion to guide, and lead me into choosing the right path, and in doing great things.
Having these two wonderful sister missionaries continuing to teach those to come unto Christ also reminded me of my own conversion 19 years ago.

I will always remember the day when two sister missionaries knocked on my door in helping me find the light to a much happier place. That light led to me to Jesus Christ. It only took me six months to convert, and almost four years for my friend. I know that all the time she was being taught she was studying, praying, pondering, and observing in knowing if this is was what she really believed in, and all that comes with serving the Lord.

Consistency is key, and I am so grateful that I continued to be the kind of example to her of being the kind of friend in which she needed, and in which Heavenly Father would want me to be. I never gave up on her, and I will never give up on those in which I have learned to love and fellowship. Sharing the love of Christ and His gospel makes my life worth living, and this day was full circle for me.

I will always remember the day when Elder Miller came up to me, and asked if I could fellowship this woman who is visiting, and I immediately said 'yes'. I continued to sit right next her every time she came, and even in the times she stopped visiting I continued to visit with her in her home, mail her cards, and invite her to our church activities. Our friendship evolved, and I never stopped communicating with her.

I was there when she began to visit the church for the first time to investigate it, and I was there when she made the decision to officially become a part of it. And I will always be here for her as a friend, and as a sister in the gospel in loving her, and watching her grow spiritually.

I will never forget who she is because in a way...she has also been an example to me. An example of continued righteousness in which we sometimes forget the reason of why we are here, and why we get baptized in the first place. Seeing new brothers and sisters being brave in joining an unfamiliar church that helps changer their lives for the better are reminders to me that we can remain pure, and strive hard to always have that renewed strength, and desire to always be better.
Me and my lovely Crisbel
And I always want to be better.

This was the icing on the cake that ended my spiritual weekend, and I will always have this day etched in my heart forever.

I am just plain happy!

                            "The spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, 
                                       that we are the children of God." 
                                                              -Romans 8:16

No comments:

Post a Comment