REPLY

Friday, March 2, 2012

Blessings in disguise

Be the kind of woman 
that when your feet 
hit the floor each morning,
 the devil says,
 "Oh crap, she's up."
Sometimes "life" such as stress,  and anger tend to creep up on us causing those unhappy thoughts to come into our mind, and let me tell you...I don't even want to go there. I have so much love and service to give to everyone...especially my children. I am grateful for the choice I made in having this little guy close to the age of 40, and in return giving him the best gift which is to raise him all day by my lonesome.

Sometimes being a stay at home has its privileges. I just don't sit back, watch TV, and eat bon bons all day! Oh no...I definitely don't do that. I don't have the time. Then again I don't have a sweet tooth. I know...shocking huh?

I am making more of an effort to wake up feeling positive, doing some yoga, and fighting those thoughts the kind the adversary puts in your mind. Having a mild winter helps too!

This week has been filled with blessing after blessing. I have had two opportunities to share the gospel, and my love that I have for Christ with two women whom I just met. They live in my neighborhood, and it has rejuvenated my spiritual side!

I was talking with my husband last night about my day, and told him about the two lovely women I just met. I also mentioned how I can relate to them, and how much we have in common. When I meet someone for the first time...we automatically hit it off. Sometimes I wonder if our car broke down was a blessing in disguise. It has given me two chances to share, talk about, and invite two women to church. I have a voice, and I intend to put it to good use when it comes to talking about the Divine.

Being carless right now has opened a lot of doors for missionary work with my middle daughter as well. She has learned to be resourceful when it comes to planning a need for rides. She auditioned for honors band last week, and got in. Two of the rehearsals are being held on Saturdays this month, and she will be needing a ride. I told her to ask someone at her school who also got in, and she did. I was impressed in how quickly Alexandra found a ride. I spoke with the mother of that child last night for nearly two hours!! I was shooting my mouth off about where I was from, how we ended up on the east coast, and yes...talked with her about my faith in God. She also was telling me a little bit about herself as well. I was expressing my gratitude to her, and explained to her how having the gospel of Jesus Christ has been such a blessing in my life...especially when trials intervene. She couldn't be more happier to listen, and in helping us out.

Things happen for a reason, and I know that there are no coincidences. Heavenly Father puts certain people in our path for a purpose. He gives us challenges to grow and learn. He opens doors in which you would never know are being opened. All we have to do is listen, and to act on it. It's an amazing feeling when you recognize those reasons, and to allow those doors to open before you.

Fixing our car will be costly, but after looking at the big picture as to why this happened to us has really been an eye opener for me. I look at the past two weeks in how I have created two friendships which resulted in missionary work, and to me that is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment