REPLY

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Grateful for curls


"You can call my hair kinky coily, whatever! It's mine, it's me, and I love it!"
How many of you have curly hair? I mean the real deal from root all the way to the end. In other words...you were born with it. Well I do. Sometimes it agrees with me, sometimes it doesn't. This past week has been rainy and muggy. On days like today my hair gets really frizzy which means I have to put a lot of product on.  

I remember being teased and made fun of a lot as a little girl, because my hair looked like an afro (at least that's what the mean kids described it as.) Back then I didn't own a flat iron and I certainly didn't know what kind of product to put on my type of hair. My mother wasn't the worldly type, and she didn't really teach me on personal grooming. Flex shampoo and conditioner are the only hair products I remember using until I moved out of the house at 19! Do they even make that anymore? She kept my hair short and bushy, and the teasing lasted all the way up until the ninth grade. It was a sad period of my life, but I obviously survived the bullying and got over it!

My oldest daughter is a mirror image of me (so I've been told.) From the looks to the personality!
 
She's fortunate because her hair never looked like mine when I was younger, and I'm glad that it doesn't! I'm also grateful that I learned how to fix my hair, and that I taught my girls how to groom their hair. I am also grateful for products such as Biosilk! This product in my opinion makes our curls softer and shinier. Sierra actually gets a lot of compliments, and all of her friends LOVE it, (especially the ones with straight hair!) 
At 39 years of age I think my hair looks pretty healthy...even with a little bit of gray.

I love my hair...and I think it shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment