REPLY

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Unselfish Service

I count my blessings every single day for having such wonderful daughters. They have witnessed firsthand how exhausting dealing with a death from a distance can be. They have been making dinner for me for the past two nights. Who cares if it's spaghetti! That is the most comforting food ever made! Having my mom's wonderful companion pass away this past weekend, and not being able to do anything from afar has been tough, and at times I feel helpless. I try to lose myself in serving others, and not allow any kind of stress to creep into my soul. I am grateful to know that Joe's kids took care of his funeral arrangements and that I have contacts from the church to help my mother in dealing with his death (she's not a member...yet.). She was the one that wanted me to call the LDS missionaries or a sister in the church to pray with her and just be a friend. I told my mom that it's okay to be frightened. It's natural to be scared after you've buried two companions. It's comforting to know that my mom is not alone in dealing with grief, and that no matter where you live...The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is always there to serve in times of need.

I have to admit that this is the first death in which my heart aches. It's been at least 20 years since I actually really cried over anyone dying. I think it's harder because I'm even further away from my loved ones. That might change in a couple of weeks. It looks like my mother is willing to tough out the Nor'easters and everything that comes with living on the east coast to live with us. It'll be nice for the girls to have their abuela here. It'll also be nice to have another adult to talk to. So if I don't blog as much you'll know the reason why. I don't think I'll neglect blogging because I love to write (I definitely won't neglect my mom either!)

After all...this is all being written for my posterity.

P.S. Watching THIS VIDEO really brought tears to my eyes, and it really hits close to home. I hope y'all take the time to watch. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment