REPLY

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September.

Have I told anyone else besides my family that September is my favorite month? Well it is. It is my birthday month, the beginning of football games, school, and my favorite season...Autumn! I'll be seeing my 40th birthday in about 23 days, and I am feeling pretty good about joining the elite 40's soon.

Last night I wasn't feeling so good. I was feeling a bit melancholy and out of sorts. I really try to accentuate writing positive and uplifting things on my blog. I don't want someone who visits my blog to think that they are reading a therapy session. I do however, feel the urge to regurgitate as to why I think I may be feeling this way:

I am getting a lot more gray hairs than I have ever gotten since I moved here three years ago. 

I have a junior in high school, and although she doesn't cause me stress, I can't help but to think how much stress I'll be going through with young men asking her out on a date...yes, the dating scene has officially begun! So young men...beware of the Lioness!

I have an almost tween who is sharp as a whip, and I know that the 'middle school years' will fly by for her just as quickly as Sierra's did.

My six year old said goodbye to kindergarten and is now in first grade...tears! My little girl is not a baby girl anymore!

I am throwing a baby shower for one of my sisters in our church this weekend, and I have been real emotional about the whole thing. I really love this sister and have so much compassion for her. She is having her first child and it is a boy! Which reminds me that Noah is no longer a baby...he's now a little boy. More tears!!

Let's face it. All of my kids are a grade older, and I really don't want that to happen, but it's inevitable. They have to grow up, continue to learn, and become someone important in this world.

Although I was feeling a bit pensive all day yesterday, I had a fabulous morning and I am feeling a lot better today. As I was getting dressed and fixing my hair my youngest comes up to me and says, "You look very beautiful today mommy, I like your lipstick and your hair. That really made my whole day! I needed to hear that. When I hear compliments like that from my youngest daughter or any of my children...turning 40 doesn't sound so bad.

1 comment:

  1. Babe, you still are just as beautiful as the day I first met you. I love and cherish you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete