REPLY

Friday, September 30, 2011

A be-lated Birthday note, and a Testimony

I just had to share this letter with the world. I love the brightness in color, and that it's handwritten, the beautiful words, and the person who wrote it. One of my favorite sister missionaries who served in our ward for a short time sent this to me a few days after my 40th birthday. I was lucky enough to have had her and her companion over for Thanksgiving dinner last year. Sister Moeai is someone whom you once meet...you immediately fall in love with her, and her personality. We are like sisters. We probably even look like we can be related. She is from Hawaii. Every single person that I have met from Hawaii becomes a friend for life. I thank my Heavenly Father for putting her in our path, and for continuing to have missionaries serve in our ward.
The kiddos, Sister Moeai, and me~Thanksgiving 2010
I am grateful for the testimony that I have for missionary work and the restored gospel. We as members are responsible in helping the missionaries share the gospel with our fellow man. They are here for a purpose...a divine purpose that can fulfill the life of any family or individual soul. They certainly fulfilled my life nineteen years ago when I converted to a life of Christ. They hold the truth in the palm of their hand (or backpack) to share with the world, and it's called The Book of Mormon. I love that book. I know that it is a true testament of our Father in Heaven. I know that it testifies of Christ. I know that because of prayer, and after reading it in its entirety...I believe that it is true. It has blessed my life in so many ways. I know that the Book of Mormon was restored by Joseph Smith who is a prophet of God. I know that the Bible is the word of God as long as it is translated correctly. I am grateful to have a firm testimony of the gospel and the truth that it holds. I know that we have a living prophet today who guides and leads us into trying to live a path like Jesus Christ, and to avoid destruction that life brings today. I look forward to hearing President Thomas S. Monson, and his counselors at General Conference this weekend. Conference is coming at the right time for me, and so did this letter from a wonderful sister and friend. 

If any of you are interested in a Book of Mormon, e-mail me, or contact the LDS missionaries in your area to request one. The best part is that it's given to you FREE without any obligation. I did it, and it truly changed my life for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment