REPLY

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Forget not...


"Sisters, there is something inspiring and sublime of the little forget-me-not flower. I hope it will be a symbol of the little things that make your lives joyful and sweet. Please never forget that you must be patient and compassionate with yourselves, that some sacrifices are better than others, that you need not wait for a golden ticket to be happy. Please never forget that the "why" of the gospel of Jesus Christ will inspire and uplift you. And never forget that your Heavenly Father knows, loves, and cherishes you."
~President Dieter F. Uchtdorf


One of the best things about the internet is that if you miss an important event that pertains to the church you can instantly watch it the next day online in the comforts of your own home. That is what I had to do since the General Relief Society Broadcast was held on the same night as my 40th birthday. I was sad that I didn't get to sit with my sisters in the chapel to watch this glorious event, but I am extremely grateful for the time I took in viewing it over the weekend.

Every year I look forward to the broadcast. I know that as sisters in the gospel listening to the words of the General Relief Society Presidency uplifts our soul and helps us to want to be a better sister to others. Relief society is a vital part of the Kingdom of God and I am grateful to have a firm testimony of relief society and to have that be a major part of my life in the church. Julie B. Beck talked about how we can be a better sister of discipleship. "Although we all have different difficulties, we as sisters should unite together and strengthen each other. We should never wait to be a visiting teacher. We need to just do it!"

Sylvia H. Allred mentioned that if we lack charity that we should have the desire to have it and pray for it. I know that by reading the scriptures helps us to become more like Christ and that will also help us develop charity.

Barbara Thompson talked about how the temple is the source of the covenants and how our covenants sustain us in good times and through hard times. Temple blessings is a great goal for every LDS woman to have. I hope and pray that all my daughters continue to have the desire to enter the temple and to cleave unto the covenants they make. She also mentioned how her grandmother was a devout member, and did a lot of temple work in the House of the Lord. I hope that I leave enough evidence of spiritual experiences and doing temple work so that my posterity can one day share it with others.

President Dieter F. Uchtdorf has a strong love for the sisterhood, and I always appreciate his loving words of wisdom. He always brings a unique, inspiring, and meaningful talk to all of us. He mentioned his favorite flower being the forget me not flower, and how each of the pedals have a significant meaning. There are five pedals on the flower, and these are the five crucial things he mentioned we should never forget:

Forget not to be patient with yourself
Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice
Forget not to be happy now
Forget not the "WHY" of the gospel
Forget not that the Lord loves you

With the daily mundane that goes on in our life, these five things can be easily forgotten. I am so grateful for the reminder. It will truly help me to increase my spirituality and to know that the gospel is the pathway to Jesus Christ. 

May we all never forget all of these talks ! I can watch them over and over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment