REPLY

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Children's Bookshelf


Every week Chelsea brings home a new book to read from the school library. This week she brought home The Apple Pie Tree. Its a story about two sisters who have an apple tree in their backyard and witness robins building a nest, laying their eggs, and as their birds grow so do the apples on the apple tree. Such a sweet story with illuminating color illustrations and it even has an apple pie recipe inside. As soon as we read it I had to buy it. It is a storybook that will never age, and a perfect read for Autumn.

Chelsea just informed me that Fall is her favorite season and she wanted to choose a book that related to the season we are in. Excellent choice I'd say. Her reading skills are getting better. She absolutely loves books. She always gets excited when she finishes a short story on her own. She literally jumps up and down like a cheerleader. She loves to make her own little books and carry them around in her bag. She loves it when her teacher makes these little books allowing the kids to color inside them.
 Chelsea is such a bright girl, and looks forward to when she can read the big thick chapter books like her older sisters do. I enjoy this time as a mother when I can read with my two smallest children. They are growing up way too quickly, and I am taking advantage of every moment spent with them in reading to them. There is something so heavenly about reading aloud to your posterity. I don't ever want that to end...even when the time comes when I have grandchildren. Which will be a long time from now!!

"Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs is good for him."
~Maya Angelou


No comments:

Post a Comment