REPLY

Friday, September 2, 2011

All play and no work

Sierra finally finished her summer homework. I'm not making excuses for her but she probably could have finished a lot sooner if we owned the books 1984, and The Jungle instead of waiting for them to be returned to our local library. Lexie and Chelsea were able to read a ton of books over the summer and I think they have had a lot of summer reading accomplished. Since school starts in less than three days, we have been going to local nearby parks for a couple of hours to release some stress, and to recharge our buttons. I have been very impressed in how Sierra was very dedicated in her summer homework. She wasn't too happy about the chemistry part of it, but she finished it with relief. She is a bright girl, and I don't worry about her too much. I feel really blessed to have a teen, and an almost tween who do their reading and homework assignments without being told.

Today...

They. Deserved. Much. Needed. Play!

My better half usually has weekdays off, and on those days we usually find time to go to the park. We usually have our Family Home Evenings in the park. The kiddos really enjoy the outdoors. Chelsea was feeling a little left out because her older sisters were swinging together. She's resilient though, and played with Noah for a little while before he went swinging on the swing with daddy.
There are days when I wish that my husband had a job that requires working 8-5, but then I look at all that we have been able to do when he has weekdays off, and I don't wish that anymore. I accept things as they are...for now. His days off fluctuate every week. There are days when I need to be rescued from Noah. It makes me extremely grateful to have a husband who will save me on those days. He can handle him without calling me every ten minutes while I'm out doing errands just to ask me "what should I feed him or dress him in?" Okay...he has asked me what outfit to dress him in, but he doesn't call me every ten minutes!

I really, really don't want summer to end, but it's inevitable and reality has to kick in. My girls are pretty much prepared and are getting excited to go back to school. Luckily for us school resumes the day after Labor day. It gives us one last chance to do something FUN as a family.

Oh...did I mention it's my birthday month too? It sure is! 22 more days until my 40th!

*What has been your favorite trip over this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment