REPLY

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Signs that Define Us

In my home I have many signs that consist of subway art which is considered everyday inspiration for me and my family.

Every September in our church we have what you call a 'Super Saturday' and all the sisters get together to do arts & crafts. This was my third year attending and I really enjoyed it. I always look forward to making something inspirational and meaningful that we can display in our home, or give to family and friends as a gift. I hope and feel that all of these signs define us!

 I especially love this one that I made the first year I moved to New Jersey...
President Gordon B. Hinckley was the one and only prophet for me. For 15 years he was the prophet that I looked up to, who made me laugh, and was an amazing example to me. He endured to the end and that is how I want to be. (I do love President Thomas S. Monson too!)

One of my dear friends from church made this sign for me last year for my birthday...
She said to me that this exhibits my personality and that I should have a sign in my home so others can see that we should all 'Scatter Kindness'.

When I was living in Salt Lake City I saw this sign at my in laws house and wanted to get one. I think everyone should have a sign like this in their home. It is a reminder to me that no matter what, living a simple life makes me feel less stressed when I focus on the priorities in our life.

This is my favorite little sign of all:
I bought this a few years ago at The Art Garden which is one of my favorite stores in Salt Lake City. I love it because we just became sealed as an eternal family, and I bought this as gift for myself. This truly defines my family because my kids hardly cause me any stress. They, including my better half all put my heart at ease. I always look forward to them coming home from a long day at work and school.
^^^ they all had a very mess hair day ^^^
I feel so fortunate to have them as a forever family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment