REPLY

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Happy Summer!

Today is the last day of school for all the kids, and the first day of summer!! I can't believe how fast this year went by. I look back, and think to myself-how in the world is this school year done! I mean, we only moved here last summer, and feel as if the kids just started school! It's crazy, and amazing at the same time! I also think of how slow the winter months kind of were this year, but in reality they did quickly pass us by. I merely reflect on focusing on the summer months when the weather gets cold, wet, and soggy. I know they won't last, and just like that they didn't. Summer is going to be the same way. No matter how much I'd like summer to last it won't. And that's okay, because my next favorite season comes right after. 

The sun is shining brightly outside, and I'm ready to start this day. It's a beautiful day, and look forward to the kids coming home from school. Half days, in my opinion are sort of a waste of time as said by this lady in this funny video! Luckily they go by real quick. I don't have anything majorly planned for the first day of summer with the kids, because Chelsea is hanging out with her friends after school, and Lexie has orientation for her summer job at the hospital so it looks like it'll just be Noah and I for the rest of the afternoon. I'm so lucky to have kids who just don't sit around and twiddle their thumbs. Whether it's hanging out with friends, or doing something they love because it deals with their future, I am blessed to have these great kids! 
On another note, Lexie flies out to Utah tomorrow evening for two weeks to attend a church camp in Provo at BYU called SOAR, and to spend time with the grandparents. She's pretty excited for this opportunity, and to see familiar faces she hasn't seen since Sierra's graduation. Sierra attended this program five years ago, and had a lot of fun with it. I'm sure Lexie will enjoy her time in Utah eating all the In-N-Out burgers, Cafe Rio, and dirty dr. peppers she can get! Two weeks isn't too bad for her to be away from me, but for Noah....I'm not sure. He sure does love spending time with her, and we will all miss her.  Luckily I have two more sweethearts left at home to spend some time with! 

Here's hoping everyone on the east coast has a nice start to a fabulous summer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment