REPLY

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The day you got accepted into the NHS


Dear Sierra, 

I can't begin to tell you how much my face lights up when you oblige to take pictures, and how your genuineness in smiling in these pictures makes me happy. I know why that is. You never let the petty things of life get to you. You always make the best out of every situation when it comes to the family, and friends...oh those friends!! You give everyone the benefit of the doubt...more than once, and that just proves to me how Christlike, patient, and loving you truly are. No matter what 'the world' teaches you, and every other youth out there, you still manage to hang on to that iron rod, and make it to the top in your academics!
I know that being the oldest is hard. Always striving to do your best so that you can be a good example to your siblings. I want to let you know that the example you are setting to your sisters and baby brother is amazing, and hardly a disappointment. Especially when it comes to your academics. 

You have worked so hard into getting to where you're at both spiritually and academically. Two things that I didn't work hard at. Having the National Honor Society of your High School recognize your outstanding qualities of leadership, service, scholarship, and character is an honor! Being accepted into the National Honor Society is one of the highest honors that can ever be bestowed upon any student, and we are so pleased at all your achievements that you have accomplished since moving up here three and a half years ago!  
You are also a happy example to me. You are 24 years younger than me, and you are teaching me more than you know. You teach me how to be more patient, understanding, and someone's 'sunshine friend'. I see wonderful things in you that I never saw in myself when I was your age. I know it is because of the love you have for the Savior, and in the gospel. Those are two things that I didn't take very seriously. I also didn't take my last two years of high school very seriously. You are grounded in those important things on your own motive, and that makes me even happier. You choose for yourself, and know how far your limits go. 

You are not afraid of who you are, or to let anyone know what you're all about. Your not afraid to show the 'inner geek' that you are, (a beautiful one by the way!) Besides your father, you are the most humbling person I know. I love your example so much that it makes me want to be more like you. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Me being the example to you? I know you tell me that I'm teaching you how to be a loving, smart human being, and that you want to be 'just like your mom', but the truth is...you are teaching me how to be more strong, and more Christlike in so many ways. 

Keep up the excellent work girl! Be strong in all that you do. No matter how challenging your classes may be...honesty, and studying hard will get you where you need to be. Take control in making good choices, and the Lord will continue to bless you!  

xo,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment