REPLY

Friday, November 4, 2011

A picture is worth a thousand words

Friends come and go, but some of them stay in your life for 20 years...or more. Throughout our nomadic life I have made some great friends, and I am truly grateful for the love and constant contact via Facebook, email, phone, or snail mail. Friendships are a blessing, and I pray to keep the ones that I have for many years to come.
My dear friend Shariyu from Salt Lake City whom I miss so much. I sure do miss the times we'd go out to lunch, dinner, the movies,  go swimming, add shopping, and Christmas time was my favorite! She really has great taste when it comes to gift-giving! Oh...and birthdays too! I look forward to visiting Utah again, and updating our photo! 

 While living in North Carolina for two years I really learned to appreciate my husband even more. These wonderful sisters and friends were truly an inspiration to me. The fact that some of these sisters had husbands who were deployed for 18 months (or more) really humbled me. I saw a strength in them that came from bonding with one another. They had courage to stand tall, and still be active in their callings in serving the Lord. I have never been in a ward where all the sisters were cohesive, supportive, and willing to carry each others burdens. We were one of maybe six civilian families who were not in the military, and I was happy to have been able to have served my sisters. I look back at my life during this time, and hope that I rendered service in friendshipping and letting these sisters know that I truly did, and still do care.

Serving in the Relief Society Presidency with Susie was a wonderful and growing experience. I'm grateful to have been one of her counselor's while serving in the Fayetteville III Ward. She was the perfect example of a military wife who had many experiences, and because of that she was prompted to know of how to follow through all situations...both happy and sad.
These two friends were great examples of motherhood when my firstborn became a tween. I truly miss them both!

Living in New Jersey I have made some dear friends, and there is one in particular whom I have stayed in touch with since we met in 1992...Maggie. Her and her hubby were in some sense my life saver when it came for us to live here. They knew which areas had good schools, and nice living communities. I am truly grateful for all that they did when my family and I first moved up here.
Besides Maggie..Tiffany and Angie are two of my favorite people that I met in Jersey, and I LOVE them with all of my heart. They are a perfect example of true friendship, and those are the ones you want to treasure forever.

There are so many wonderful friends in my life today who have inspired me in some way. It doesn't matter if we are of different faiths. I believe that we are all one in the same, and that we are friends for a reason. I wish I could share more pictures of all the friends that I've made throughout the years, but what is most important are the memories that are etched in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment