REPLY

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Stand for Truth and Righteousness



WE ARE DAUGHTERS of our Heavenly Father who loves us and we love Him. 
WE WILL "STAND" as witnesses of God at all times, and in all things, and in all places" 
As we strive to live the Young Women values, which are:

Faith*Divine Nature*
Individual Worth*Knowledge*
Choice and Accountability*
Good Works*Integrity
and Virtue.

WE BELIEVE as we come to accept and act upon these values, WE WILL BE PREPARED to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessing of exaltation.

I love the young women theme, we recite this with the young women in Relief Society every fast Sunday, and that is what every young woman should be, and become.

 When I found out two years ago that I can be able to begin and accomplish my Personal Progress I had my daughter grab me a book, and I got started working on it. This is another wonderful program in our church that I didn't grow up with. Of course you have to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in order to participate and complete it. 

My daughter and I have both been working on it together and our goal was to complete it by the end of the year. We will have accomplished this goal by December 1! (I actually already completed it!) I cannot believe I started working on this right after my son was born in 2009, and I am so grateful that I have taken my time into reading the Book of Mormon, For the Strength of Youth, and completing all the tasks and projects that were required with patience, and that I put my whole heart into it. It has been so much fun to work on this. It literally gave me a spiritual boost every time I completed a value and in reading the scriptures. I have been filled with the spirit of the Lord, and my love for our Heavenly Father grows stronger each day. I feel so blessed to have this in my life, and to have worked on it. I am also excited to do the program AGAIN with my middle daughter who turns 12 in January next year. She is so excited to enter into the Young Women program and to start working on itWhat a great start to 2012 it'll be for us!

Every time a value is completed we receive a colored ribbon. Each value specifies a color. We use them as bookmarks for our scriptures. Once the personal progress is completed we will receive the Young Woman recognition award. This reward is a medallion. It signifies all the hard work and effort you put in for the Lord in accomplishing all the tasks in said personal progress. I am so excited!

Just a note, and a testimony...
I encourage every young woman between the ages of 12-18 to work hard and to strive to complete your personal progress. These values are so important to learn, and by reading the scriptures daily your testimony will be strengthened. I know it may seem time consuming to some, and you might feel it's too late, but please know that this is something so important that it will make you feel confident, and it'll uplift your spirit. You will feel the love from Heavenly Father more that you'll ever know. I know that it'll prepare you on how to handle the hardest trials of your life. I know that it'll turn you into a more compassionate, mature, strong daughter of God. I am grateful to have my daughters involved in this, and that I gained a testimony of it.

 It's never too late to begin working on it either!
 I am 40 years old and just completed it...with four kids!! It's taken me two years, but it was so worth my time! So whether you are single, married with children, or widowed it is a wonderful program to accomplish. It has been such a blessing in my life to be working on this with Sierra. I've grown spiritually, and I also see the spiritual growth in my daughter as well. I know why these values are so important in our lives, and how crucial it is to uphold them as well...they have become more important to me as my daughters get older. I am grateful to have been involved in this program, and I plan on doing it with all of my daughters. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to have it in your life.  For the Strength of youth book is not just for the youth...it is for everyone!

Especially in the kind of world we live in today.

Come unto Christ and be perfected in Him.
Moroni 10:32

No comments:

Post a Comment