REPLY

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A beautiful Autumn day

I was itching to take some more fall pictures, and since the girls have no school for the rest of the week (except for Sierra), and being that it's Noah's birthday week we all decided to venture out to another park across town to see how vibrant the foliage is on the trees. It was also a nice break for Sierra to take from the never-ending homework that she has been accumulating, and she was in dire need of stress alleviation.

Poor Sierra. She sure has a lot of homework to do almost every day. They say your junior and senior years are the hardest. I believe it. Freshman and sophomore years are a piece of cake (according to Sierra.) So if your freshman, or a sophomore in high school saying 'I have so much to do', or 'it's so hard'...just wait until the last two years of high school. They'll be even harder. So enjoy your first two years of high school!
She is such a good sport though, and truly has proven that she holds on to that iron rod no matter how hard things get for her. She has this shield that helps her get over the stresses of life, and focuses on the fun things that we can do as a family in times like this. She has learned to never take anything for granted, and to always make the best out of any bad situation. She loves playing with all of her sibs, but on this day she gave all of her attention to Noah. They both were throwing leaves in the air. They did this for about a half hour while the other two were climbing trees. The evening grew dark real quick! 
One thing I have always taught my girls is to never take anything for granted. Not the weather, not your friends, not your family, not your talents, and not the Lord. I have told them to make each day count, and to live it as if it were your last. You just never know when hardships or a tragedy will occur.
I have to admit that there was not a lot of affection in my home while growing up. I know my mother did her best in giving me the right kind of love, and I know there were times in my toddler years when I received it, but I honestly don't remember always being hugged by my mother between the ages of 11 and 18. Maybe I did, and I don't have any recollection of it. Having my mother living with me now gives us both the opportunity to hug each other every day. I want to be able to do that each day without having it be an obligation. It feels good to know that after all these years, no matter what we both endured during those tough times, that we can move forward and make up for those non huggable moments.

 I pray to pass the kind of affection that never ends to my children. 
SIBS FOREVER!


No comments:

Post a Comment