REPLY

Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Best friend

This is my better half. When I say better...I really mean, 'better'. He says otherwise. We have a lot in common, and we balance each other on the things that I don't think we have in common. He is always there for me in times of stress, and uplifts me on my darkest days. We have cried together, have had many disagreements with one another, and I even threw a jar of mayonnaise at him once. He even saved my life from the anger that was dwelling within my heart. Today we laugh more, still cry and have disagreements, except I no longer throw jars of mayonnaise or anything else (thats breakable) at him.

I had major anger issues the first few years of our marriage. Few meaning the first 11 years of our marriage. That's quite a few years! I realized I had anger issues, and needed help. After seeking some serious counseling, that angry little girl inside of me slowly diminished. I'm STILL not perfect and at times that Latin temper will come out, but 90 percent of the time...it doesn't. Although I feel as if I've healed as to why I was so angry throughout my childhood, and even after joining the LDS church, I still sometimes feel those inner demons working on me. During those trying times, I relied on my husband, and in the power of prayer to work myself through this trial. And let me tell you something...it was not easy.

We heal, but sometimes we are never the same.

I came to the realization long after I converted my life to Christ that I'm not perfect in any way, and never will be. Just because I am a 'mormon mom' doesn't mean I don't have my moments. He understands my role as a wife, and mother as to how I'm raising our four wonderful children. I'm grateful for a patient, and loving husband who knows every part of my past, and darkest secrets.

He's so patient, and thoughtful that he is flying out to Texas to pick up my mother, and drive her back up here. It's about a 30 hour drive, and I pray that they will make it back home to us safe and sound. I'm thankful for his support in helping me with my mother through the trial she is coping with after losing her greatest companion.

He truly is the best honorable man I have ever known. Throughout all our trying times he has never given up on me, or our marriage. He doesn't judge me in any way. He has dealt with my imperfectness for almost 17 years, and yet he saw the goodness and strength in me that was still lingering in my soul while dealing with my anger. We have come a long way on striving for a path of marital bliss. I know we'll never succeed in having the perfect marriage in the years to come, but I know that through the grace of God, constant prayer, open communication, teaching our children to not give up so easily, and that marriages can be saved... our marriage can, and will be eternal.

LOVE...
is patient.
 is kind.
does not envy.
does not boast.
is not proud.
does not dishonor others.
is not self-seeking.
is not easily angered.
keeps no record of wrongs.
does not delight in evil.
rejoices with the truth.
always protects.
always trusts.
always hopes. 
always perseveres.

1st Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment