REPLY

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Marianne


"One of the best times you can ever spend time with besides your mommy...is with your past kindergarten teacher."
~Chelsea

Playing solitaire.
We love Marianne. We love it when she comes over to our house to talk about life, God, and all that is good, but most of all...we love that in spite of her busy schedule she makes the time to spend with us. One thing I most love about her is how she treats my youngest daughter Chelsea. 

She was her former kindergarten teacher two years ago, and continues to keep in contact with us. She has become part of our family, and we love her. I feel that it is important to build a great relationship with your child's teacher. I admit I haven't always been a fan of certain educators, but throughout our nomadic life I have learned to have respect for all teachers...no matter how they teach. 

 Marianne has been on the top of my list as someone who is wonderful and genuinely caring towards every child. She has 33 years experience of being an educator, and I am grateful for the example she set for my daughter. 

It has become a ritual with Marianne to go to a movie and have ice cream, and/or lunch afterwards. We just got home from watching this movie for only five bucks! We were so excited when we heard about this at the last minute, and in spite of the rain (which we so desperately needed) we had a lot of fun! 
Ice Age 4!
Never heard of face painting at a theatre, but Chelsea was all for it...plus it's for the kids. 
This is Noah's first time attending a movie theatre, and he did pretty good! I remember always taking all the girls to the theatre since birth, but for some reason never took Noah until now. He's been to the Hill Cumorah Pageant twice, and outdoor concerts, but has never been inside an actual theatre! He seemed to enjoy it!
Noah sitting comfortably drinking his bottled water, and tootsie rolls on hand.
 Applebee's...Marianne's favorite restaurant. I figured since she always takes Chelsea to Friendly's that for once we'd go to Applebee's. I hadn't been in a while so it was nice eating at a different corporate chain restaurant. 
Enjoying lunch at Applebee's.
This day was perfect for a movie, and now it's time to relax in the comforts of home, and cozy up with my kiddos on this rainy day. 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment