REPLY

Saturday, October 13, 2012

the last home football game of the season

Cold temperatures didn't stop our family from attending the last home football game of the season. We brought an extra blanket, and tried to keep warm throughout the entire game.

This was also the night they announced the Homecoming King & Queen & everyone cheered and clapped as the four nominee couples walked onto the football field. I felt as if live paparazzi were surrounding her taking their picture.
No fancy dresses were worn, and they all still looked great. 
Even though Sierra didn't get the tiara she still had a magical evening. She has really enjoyed being part of this year's pep band, and continues to shine sharing her musical talent.
Sierra jamming out with the Homecoming King Mikhel.
I meant to take a picture of Sierra alone, but our goofy neighbor Nam sure knows how to photobomb a photo. 
The best night of this evening was the answer she gave in why she should be Homecoming queen:

"I am grateful to have been anonymously nominated and to have this opportunity. I have never been in anything like this before, and would be so happy if I win. I feel that I deserve to win, and I would be a great example to my class in sharing that school spirit, and being a strength to others."

I was really touched by that, and she was so pleased to have had this amazing opportunity to have been among these great kids in being part of the court, and in running for Homecoming Queen.

It was a great evening even though our team lost, and so worth going to the games just to listen to the sounds of Sierra Jorgensen.

No comments:

Post a Comment