REPLY

Monday, October 5, 2015

The Best Two Years In The Stake Young Women!

^^^ This photo was taken on the second day of girls camp. They wore hawaiian attire carrying leis singing and welcoming all the young women who arrived that morning for camp. I obviously was behind the camera, and admired them as they were singing, and having a good time. Amazing women! ^^^


*There's something about serving in the young women that not only helps develop a unique love for the youth, but strengthens your testimony even more.* 


After serving in the stake young women for the past two years the time came for me to be released. I hope that these three lovely ladies felt my love through my actions as well as my words in testimony, and how I felt at the time I served with them. Whether it was at a meeting, a youth activity, or a stake dance. I want them to know how much I appreciated them for all their efforts, and all that they sacrificed when it came to serving in their calling. I especially want to thank Sister Shipley for being guided by that still small voice in noticing me enough to think of my name and handing it over to our stake president to pray if I was the right person for this calling as her secretary. We may not have chit chatted as much as I would have liked, and that's okay because at the end of the day it was all about fellowshipping with the youth. To help them join in on the fun, and find joy in every activity that was held. Not only with their friends, but within themselves too. To feel the spirit, and to know that they are there for a spiritual purpose, but to also have had a great time among their peers. 

I am so grateful to have had this calling for as long as I did, and even though there were times as though I felt I didn't do enough, (because for the most part the young women presidencies in every unit seem to do so much more than we did) I know that I did my best in serving my leaders, the youth, and the Lord as well. I strive to find the joy in each calling that I've received, because in the past there was a time where I turned down one calling. Probably my mistake, and loss, but I'm grateful for those seven words that are written in my patriarchal blessing, "never hesitate to turn down a calling." Ever since I read those words after receiving my blessing I have never turned down a calling. I pray that I will always serve God with all my heart, might, mind and strength no matter what level or capacity of a calling it is. Service is service whether it's organizing the ward activity closet (yes, there is such calling) serving in the nursery (that was my first calling at 20 years old), or a stake calling (in my 40's) Yes...I learned so much from these women, as well as the calling itself. 

Even though I only had the opportunity to serve with them for two years I felt such a unique spirit among each of them. I learned what to do and what not to do, but mostly focused on the spirit of the Lord in doing my best with serving Him with all my might as well as these wonderful ladies as their secretary in the stake young women. 

It truly was a wonderful two years! 

Now I wait for a new calling! 

To be continued...

Happy Monday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment