REPLY

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Apple Picking & A Little Video.

Love this time of year when fall traditions begin, and going apple picking is always at the top of our list! We finally got around to going apple picking this past friday. It was kind of hard trying to find a day for all of us to go together, but now that all the kids are in school, and with Jon working, and Lexie having tennis matches almost every day it almost seems impossible for all of us to go as a family. This time around it was just the three of us, and although Jon, and Lexie didn't come you know something...we had a pretty good time. 

I guess I'm going to have to get used to this sooner or later, you know, going with two kids because before we know it Lexie will be off to college, and then it'll just be me, Noah and Chelsea. I'm telling ya, the five year age gap between my four kids can be an advantage, but when it comes to family traditions, it can be a disadvantage. Especially when it comes to seasonal adventures. 

With the season almost over, (because let's face it...fall doesn't last very long), we bit the bullet and drove to one of our favorite orchards near Princeton. Since I snapchatted most of the time I made a little video out of it from the montage app.  It's not as extravagant, or professional as other little films, but I like it. We had so much fun on this day, and as much as I hate to say I'm getting used to not having my two oldest daughters with me on these adventures I am! Hopefully Lexie will come pumpkin picking with us this week as she loves to carve her own!

Here are a few photos, and if you want to see my cheesy little video you can view it on you tube here. 
^^^ eating a golden delicious...Chelsea's favorite! ^^^
I am so glad that I get to go on these adventures with my kids. Even if Jon works I still manage to get myself out there, and do the things that my kids and I love. We all went apple picking last year on my birthday, and that was a load of fun. The kids absolutely love it when their papa comes. Here's hoping that we'll put these apples to good use. The girls love to bake, and so we are hoping to bake apple pie! If anyone has a good recipe please share! 

**You can see another apple picking post here! 



No comments:

Post a Comment