REPLY

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Boo At The Bronx Zoo!

There are days when I need an energy boost, and long for the city where there are a million and one things to do, and there are days when I just want to stay home, and relax. Thankfully we live close to the city where we can venture out for a few hours, and yesterday I literally felt time slipping through my hands with this kid because like the hustle that New York City brings-so is his birthday.


He will be nine in two weeks and lately have been soaking up these sweet moments where he is still 'a little boy.' Though mature in his own way, he still longs to cuddle, hug, give me kisses in public, and wants to spend more time with me. He may love school, but there are days when he'll say, "I'd rather go to New York." 
Since Chelsea had drama rehearsal after school yesterday I snatched Noah and we drove into the city where free parking was available a block away from the zoo, and explored throughout the entire park. 
Noah grabbed a map at the entrance, opened it up telling me where we should go, and began our journey into the zoo. He was such a good little navigator with that map that he wanted to hold it, and directed me as to where he wanted to go. It seems that the more he gets older, the more independent he gets which is fine by me. He's so sweet the way he was guiding me wanting to be the leader. He was the same way the last time we came here with his sisters.
His binoculars. It's like an American Express card. He never leaves home without them. He immediately put them on, and began exploring. 
We walked all around the zoo, and took advantage of the children's zoo where they have this fun web looking rope for the kids to climb. He was lucky to have played on it all by himself pretending to be Spiderman jumping from one side to another. You can catch him doing that on my instastories. 
We saw bears, giraffes, reptiles, and all kinds of wildlife. 
Since it's October they had the zoo all decked out with Halloween decorations, and even had tombstones of animals that have become extinct. 
I captured a few photos of Noah, and also asked a stranger to take a picture of us. 
We rode the carousel and although I'm his mom 110% of the time, it felt nice to be like a little kid again riding alongside with him. It was such a nice day where the weather was perfect. It was a bit nippy, but all the walking around we did kept us warm. 
We love the Bronx zoo, and if you are ever in the area come check it out! Here's hoping y'all continue to enjoy the last week of the Halloween holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment