REPLY

Monday, October 15, 2018

Nostalgia At The Salt Lake Temple.

Going back to the temple where Jon and I were sealed gave me butterflies. Walking through the temple grounds and looking up at that tall beautiful building had me feeling all the feels. I felt so much love for my family, and appreciation for God, and the faith I had for making it my goal to be sealed to my family forever. 

Chelsea and Noah were the only two kids that weren't born at the time we were sealed, and wanted to take a walk with them through memory lane where it all started. 


We also toured the conference center, and the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Even though they learn about God every Sunday in primary they really enjoyed hearing more history about of the church. They thought it was so cool to have walked inside the conference center instead of seeing it on tv. It was a beautiful day to have toured these wonderful places with them.  
I only wish Sierra and Lexie would have come with us so that we could have reenacted these photos, but Lexie was at school, and Sierra was working. That'll give us another excuse to come back to Utah. Walking along the temple grounds was so peaceful. There were people already putting up the Christmas lights on the trees, and couples taking photos. There was even an wedding in progress. It was a wonderful day filled with nostalgia, and joy. I am so grateful for the temples, and the happiness it brings to families. I see the joy on our faces when we go. Even walking on the grounds of any temple brings peace to our mind, and soul. I love it here, and I miss attending this temple. 
I am a firm believer in this quote said by Gordon B. Hinckley...

"I am satisfied that every man or woman who goes to the temple in a spirit of sincerity and faith leaves the House of The Lord a better man or woman. There is need for constant improvement in all of our lives. There is need occasionally to leave the noise and the tumult of the world, and step within the walls of a sacred house of God, there to feel His spirit in environment of holiness and peace." 

No matter how many times Jon and I have disagreements, and yell like a mean mom, curse under my breath (see, I'm soooooo not perfect) going to the temple helps us strengthen our weaknesses. The temple helps me to become a better person. There are days I fall short on my imperfections and that's okay. God knows my heart, and knows what's going on inside my mind, and knows the realness that is inside of me.
The temple definitely helps me improve my imperfections, and although I will never get there in this life, I am satisfied to know that if I continue to endure without complaining that I'll be okay, and that at the end of the day, what matters to me is the love I have in my heart for my family, and that we all sleep like a baby at night knowing that we all treated each other that day with kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment