REPLY

Sunday, June 24, 2012

I like to take pictures.

For the past two weeks I have been preparing for the arrival of one of my dear friend's from high school. She is someone that I have know since elementary school. Someone whom I've never had one altercation with throughout our 12 years of public school. Someone whom I haven't seen in a very long time, and I am so excited that she contacted me to let me know that she wants to visit me, and do something fun for her 40th birthday. She is someone who is brave enough to travel from Texas to New Jersey, and I am ecstatic!
She is in route as I'm typing this, and so I'm trying to tidy up our humble home even more. I also made a short bucket list of the places I want to take her to in New York & Philly. Since she'll only be here for a few days we are going to try to accomplish everything on the list. Even though I told her to take it easy once she arrives due to the long drive, she wants to pack in a lot, and I'm all for it!

Wherever we go, whatever we do all I know is that I'm going to take lots of pictures to remember my friend, and our visit. Whether we are in the comforts of my home laughing, eating, interacting with the kids, driving from place to place...there are going to be lots of pictures.

I also attended the temple again yesterday, and it was a blessing.

A blessing because I helped a friend do some of her family names, and it was nice to be able to do that for her.

A blessing because I was able to write down the names of those who are afflicted, sick, or having trials.

A blessing because I was able to feel the spirit of the Lord, and take in the guidance of the holy spirit.

A blessing because I was able to say prayers for my friends and family.

A blessing because I was able to say a special prayer for my girlfriend who is driving 28 hours to come see me.

I am grateful for the continued faith that I have to share with others, and for the loving friends that I haven't seen in years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment