REPLY

Friday, June 29, 2012

a grateful heart.

On the ferry to see Lady Liberty
I couldn't stay away from my little blog, and today I want to share with you my feelings of a grateful heart. Grateful that my dear friend whom I hadn't seen in 22 years is here visiting us. Grateful that our friendship is just as strong as it was 30 years ago. Grateful for the gospel in my life that has shaped my life in ways in which I never thought it would. Grateful to live so close to historical landmarks, history, and without sounding worldly...New York City. If I could see Lady Liberty every other day I would. Riding the ferry is so serene, and it brings a sense of calmness in every breath that I take.  Just by sitting, pondering, and imagining everything that the immigrant people went through who arrived here makes me even more grateful to be with my family, and it makes me love them even more! 

This past week has gone by way too quick, and my dear friend will be leaving sometime this weekend. We are headed into the city of lights again, and we are going to make her final days of her trip here memorable. 

Enjoy your weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment