REPLY

Friday, November 20, 2015

Thankful for Being A "Work-From-Home" Mom.

Being a "work-from-home" mom has been the best choice that I made, and knowing that I'm going to be home when all my kids come home from school puts me at ease with less worry.  

Especially Noah. 

After reading this post, I feel even more secure knowing that my position as a work-from-home is crucial to my children. Since Noah started Kindergarten I have only had two people in my life who have asked me, "now that Noah is in school are you going to work?" I'm like, "uh, no." 

Just because my kids are all in school now doesn't mean I have to work. Besides...Noah is only in school for three hours, and I honestly don't think there is anyone out there who would hire me to work for three hours. Even if he was in school all day working outside the home at this time is not something I desire...at all. I realized a long time ago that my role in this life, and job is to be a work-from-home mom. 

And here are the reasons why...

Teenagers tend to forget things at times, and I am glad that I can be able to drive to Lexie's school anytime she's forgotten something from home such as a work folder, lunch, even her violin. If any of my kids aren't feeling well I am always available to pick them up from school. It's also nice to be able to schedule any doctor's or dental appointments in the middle of a school day without trying to coordinate with a boss as to needing time off for those things. I'm grateful that I am able to pick them up from their school activities, and help give some of her friends a ride home. I love that I don't have to stress about picking a time for a parent/teacher conference. I can go anytime the teacher is available for me. I love that I was able to go to most of Lexie's tennis matches. Some of them started at 3:30pm, and had I been working, there would have been no way I could have gone. I'm also happy that I can be able to take Chelsea to her piano lessons after school.  I love that I can be able to visit someone from my church because the only time they're available is in the morning. I love being able to help out my neighbor who works a lot pick up her kids anytime she needs me too. I also love being able to help out at my kids elementary school, and chaperone anytime they have a field trip when needed. 

There's many more reasons why I am so thankful to be a work-from-home mom, and be there for my kids. My children come first before any job, and whether they are five, or 15 it is so important for me to be there for my kids. I can tell that they love having me around knowing that I care about their day. I know that Sierra loved that part of me. There were days when she would have half days of school, and was grateful that I was immediately home so she can vent, and talk about her day. I missed the first five years of her life raising her, and after having Lexie I had that burning desire in my heart that my job was going to be in the home raising her, and her sister. Now that I have four it has been such a blessing to be at home with them. 

Being a work-from-home mom is a choice, and I admire those moms who work all day, and do everything that I would do during the day as a work-from-home mom. I've been in an eight hour job working outside the home before, and remember how hard it was for me to be able to balance, and work around schedules. I missed out so much on Sierra's activities when she was little. Luckily I have photos of her that were taken from other parents scrapbooked for memory, but it wasn't the same. I wasn't there, and that was different. 

Motherhood is a treasure, and every outburst of frustration, tears, and worry that comes from being a work-from-home mom is worth every moment. 

And because I'll be there throughout every tear, and outburst of frustration, joyful, fulfilling, and sad moment with my kids no matter how old they get those are the memories that will be treasured for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment