REPLY

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Thankful For The Gift of Music.

Never in my entire life did I ever think I'd have a musical family. I was certainly not musical growing up although I would sing under my breath from time to time, and sing songs from the Grease soundtrack. But the minute that Sierra's second grade music teacher told me that she had a knack for reading music, and playing the guitar, and told me to get her into piano lessons, I didn't hesitate for a second. And ever since then all my girls play piano, they sing, and also play various instruments. 

I'm so thankful for the gift of music, for the ability that my girls can compose and write their own songs, play by ear, and read music like a champ. Chelsea is well on her way, and Noah, well...he's a beginner and is being taught by both his sisters at home when they have time. Next year he will definitely start piano lessons, and that is something I look forward to. 

What a blessing it is to always have music in the home, and to hear those beautiful chords being played. Whether it's on the violin, piano, guitar, or ukulele hearing music playing throughout the house is better than a bunch of noise on the radio, or pandora station. Although there are good artists out there with songs to be heard there's nothing better than listening to a piece of music that one of your kids composed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment