REPLY

Friday, November 16, 2018

For Play - Snowvember.

There are many things in life we take for granted especially when it comes to our kids, but playtime with them is not one. Even at my age I find the will, and strength to go outside with them to play on a hot summer day, or in this case...a snow day.


Yesterday we had the weirdest snowstorm, and I swear I've never seen anything like it. The trees still had fall foliage on them, but yet it felt like winter.  It began snowing around noon, and as soon as the kids came home first thing they asked was if they could play outside. So instead of practicing piano, reading, and homework we all went outside and played until dark! 
And although it was freezing we all had fun. In between taking some photos I managed to throw a snowball or two at the kids. Even our sweet neighbor boy was fun for Noah to hang out with. He's an only child, and since Noah wants a brother hanging out with Colin is perfect! 
I never want to take this time with my kids for granted. Especially with these two still left at home. I never realized how much I mourn the baby/teen years when my two oldest daughters were still at home, and worries were small. It's a total different dynamic with these two, and I'm so thankful for the desire I have to spend time with them, and play!  
Even when it snows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment