REPLY

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Visiting Santa & A Day Out In Union Square.

I can't believe how quickly the years go by with our kids. As I look at this post from two years ago it amazes me how fast children grow. I would love for time to stop, but looking at these sweet, happy faces gets me excited in watching them grow. Especially when they see their favorite Santa, and still believing in him! 


Over the weekend we met up with a friend and her son, and galavanted all over union square. I love exploring all parts of the city, and because the kids wanted to see Santa at ABC carpet and home decided to spend the entire afternoon here. 
It had been two years since Noah's seen Gabe, and when they met up it's as if they saw each other yesterday!  Same with Maria, and we had so much fun playing, and catching up in person rather than seeing what we are up to via Facebook posts!
We browsed around the store, and then the kids played in the park afterwards. It was so fun seeing them, and hope it won't be another two years before we see them again! Friends like her make me want to live in the city, and even though I tell myself I'll never live there, there's a part deep down my soul that wishes I would. 
We walked around the farmers market, and had samples of chips, apple cider, ginger, chocolate, and fruit. The Christmas village was filled with different vendors selling ornaments, jewelry, pocketbooks, scarves, and all kinds of goodies. It's a perfect place to shop for Christmas gifts. 
I even bumped into one of my daughters dear friends whom I've know since she was 12. She mentioned that she had just gotten engaged, and I am so happy for her! 
Couldn't leave the area without grabbing some chocolate chip cookies from City Bakery. They are Noah's favorite, and mine are the oatmeal raisin. 
Chelsea has the biggest sweet tooth. Worse than Noah I think and so we stopped at Dylan's candy bar afterwards where we bought them a treat. She has done really well with the two years she had her braces on, and now that she has them off is still doing well. She faithfully wears her retainers at night. Okay, maybe she's skipped a day or two in the past six months, but that's pretty darn good compared to others who may not wear them at all! Anyway, we had so much fun in the candy store trying to figure out which candy to buy. So many to choose from! 
Ended the evening with dinner at Jacobs pickles where Noah dropped his carrot, and then some light shopping inside the mall at Columbus circle. I love these seeing these stars every year. Christmas in the city truly is magical, and I absolutely love coming here this time of year. It is my favorite place to be at Christmas with so much to do, places to see, food to eat, and traditions to be fulfilled. We have fun, and always look forward for more! 

***You can also read this post about some of our favorite things we love to do in the city over the holidays! 


No comments:

Post a Comment