REPLY

Sunday, November 18, 2018

For Miracles.

I know I'm continuing to go backwards here with my blogging, and I certainly hope y'all don't grow weary of my temple posts, but this one is super special because in all honesty, on our way home from Utah, we were not supposed to have driven down the road that led to the temple in Star Valley, Wyoming. Miracles happen, and were waiting for us, and I can't express how grateful I am when they happen! 

What I really wanted to do was stop by Jackson Hole, and spend the day there. I wanted to walk down Main Street, and show the kids what "country" looks like. They absolutely loved this town, and wanted to stay for the night, but we had to get home. We did take a picture underneath the infamous antler arches, and that was their favorite! 
Now back to the temple. 
We absolutley forgot that there was a tiny temple in Wyoming. It is super close to Utah, and since we "accidentally" took this turn saw the angel Moroni from a distance, and decided to stop by. We figured since it was late afternoon that they would be open, but they weren't. As we were walking toward the door the president of the temple, and his wife were locking up. Then, as we were about to leave we saw a van filled with kids, and adults. I thought they might have been lost, but while we were taking pictures noticed the president of the temple approaching us. He asked Jon if he had a recommend to get inside, and with enthusiasm Jon said "yes, I do!" He also asked if Chelsea was 12 or older, and her face lit up when he asked if she would like to help these families do baptisms. We were all excited, and so we helped them out by doing baptisms. It delayed our trip to Jackson which was fine with us, because meeting these families, and helping them doing temple work for their ancestors was a blessing. It truly was a "star valley miracle!"
Chelsea was so happy to have gone inside the Star Valley temple, and I'm one lucky momma to have one daughter at home with me for another 4.5 years to go to the temple with. I see a huge difference in her demeanor when she goes to the temple. She's able to tolerate the cons of the world, and since she's getting up there in age with entering high school next year (yikes) she knows that by doing her best in serving God, and going to the temple will strengthen her, and help her deal with the chaos that the world can bring. 

I am also happy to have our little guy being exposed to the temple. He absolutley gets a kick on seeing the angel Moroni on each temple. That keeps him interested is knowing that angel Moroni will be atop of every temple we visit! 
What a beautiful miracle, and fantastic ending from our trip to Utah. We had such a wonderful time visiting with family, and friends, eating at good restaurants, and my favorite part was going to the temples. My least favorite part, saying bye to Lexie for four months, and having Sierra with us. However, I am grateful for the times they will come home to visit, and extremely grateful for the temples that are built all over the world for us to come, and feel peace. 
Families are forever, and miracles do happen when you're not expecting it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment