REPLY

Thursday, November 22, 2018

For Tradition & Happy Thanksgiving!

This time of year is filled with traditions, and I love that we have created some of our own with our family. In our third year of living in Jersey we decided to "not cook" on Thanksgiving, and to go to the parade in NYC instead. I honestly don't know how long we will continue to go to the annual Macy's Thanksgiving day parade, but we've been going for the past five years or so, and it never gets old! 

I admit I was a bit nervous the first time going only because of what I've seen on tv while growing up. Sooooo many people, and chaos in a crowded city, but when Noah was three we decided to put our big pants on & brave the cold temperatures for a couple of hours while watching the parade go by, and it was crazy fun!! I think that was the beginning of my craving for that New York energy! The kids loved the parade, I loved it, and you know what...it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and we did it again the following year, and then the next, and the next! And the next! 

So much gratitude for holiday traditions, and I hope that we can keep them up until our kids are grown, and on their own, or until we can no longer stand in the parade in our older years! 

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment